“Poverty is not natural, it is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings.”Nelson Mandela
Help-Haiti is committed to improving the lives of Haitians by creating and sponsoring projects focused on education, health, and environmental sustainability. We aim to empower communities, provide essential resources, and foster long-term positive change.
We envisioned a Haiti where all individuals have access to quality education, healthcare, and a clean environment, enabling them to thrive and contribute to a prosperous society. We envision communities empowered to create sustainable solutions to their challenges, building a brighter future for generations to come.
VALUES: What We Value
- Compassion: We believe in empathy and understanding towards the struggles faced by Haitian communities, driving us to take action and make a meaningful difference in their lives.
- Collaboration: We value partnerships and collaboration with local organizations, communities, and stakeholders to ensure our projects are culturally relevant, sustainable, and effectively meet the needs of the people we serve.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest ethical standards in all aspects of our work, ensuring transparency, accountability, and responsible stewardship of resources entrusted to us.
- Empowerment: We are committed to empowering Haitian communities by providing them with the tools, resources, and support necessary to drive their own development and create sustainable solutions to their challenges.
- Resilience: We recognize the resilience and strength of the Haitian people and are dedicated to standing with them in times of adversity, supporting their efforts to rebuild and thrive despite obstacles.
OUR STORY: How Did We Get Here
Help-Haiti was born from the Paradis family connection to Haiti that began when Tom and Jean visited Haiti in 1999. They were touched by the kindness and resilience of Haitian people living in difficult conditions and continuing to have faith and hope for a brighter future. They came back and shared their life changing experience with their friends and family members who were touched by their stories and many people wanted to donate and support the efforts and so in 2001 Help Haiti became a 501 (C) 3 organization to be able to create and sponsor projects that help improve the lives of Haitians.
For over the last two decades Tom and Jean along with family and friends have visited and volunteered, created and supported projects in Haiti.
Help Haiti volunteers have helped create and funded projects related to education, health and the environment. From Cite Soleil, to the hospital in Pétion-ville that was destroyed in the earthquake in 2010 to the NPH orphanage in Kenscoff to the Fond du Blanc sewing school all the way to the North in Fort-Liberté with projects for solar energy and wells for villages that do not have access to clean drinking water as well as teaching women to sew school uniforms, to solar power energy and funding projects for water wells in villages to provide access to clean drinking water, to supporting education in beekeeping.